If you have never worshipped the God of all creation with a group of brothers and sisters from all the countries of formerly-communist Europe or a large country in Asia, I highly recommend it. And if you get the opportunity to do that after listening to the brilliant Dr. John Lennox, you just might think that you are on the threshold of heaven.
That's where I have been for the past few weeks. Flying from Dallas to Atlanta, Atlanta to New York, switching airplanes in New York and then flying for what seemed to be several years over the North Pole and south again to Shanghai, then jumping on the last little 4 hour stretch to Bangkok, I finally met up with my dear friend Lena to attend the East Asian Staff Conference for the staff of CCC. Amazed. That was me as we saw the fruit of the gospel in the faces of dear Asian staff. These dear souls are heroes. They raise 100% of their support and sacrifice so much so that others can know the love and power of Jesus. They are missionaries in the bravest and truest sense of the word. I am humbled.
Why did my sweet, Russian friend and I go there? Well, they want to send missionaries and money to Russia! We were more than happy to go and tell them about how they can invest their lives and their resources in our great country. Tears rolled down their cheeks as they heard about students who live in darkness with no hope. I know that they will be praying and I look forward to hearing that some of them are even coming to join us!
I will tell you more about the Slovenia experience with our Eastern European and Russian staff soon...
That's where I have been for the past few weeks. Flying from Dallas to Atlanta, Atlanta to New York, switching airplanes in New York and then flying for what seemed to be several years over the North Pole and south again to Shanghai, then jumping on the last little 4 hour stretch to Bangkok, I finally met up with my dear friend Lena to attend the East Asian Staff Conference for the staff of CCC. Amazed. That was me as we saw the fruit of the gospel in the faces of dear Asian staff. These dear souls are heroes. They raise 100% of their support and sacrifice so much so that others can know the love and power of Jesus. They are missionaries in the bravest and truest sense of the word. I am humbled.
Why did my sweet, Russian friend and I go there? Well, they want to send missionaries and money to Russia! We were more than happy to go and tell them about how they can invest their lives and their resources in our great country. Tears rolled down their cheeks as they heard about students who live in darkness with no hope. I know that they will be praying and I look forward to hearing that some of them are even coming to join us!
I will tell you more about the Slovenia experience with our Eastern European and Russian staff soon...
1 comment:
I love reading your blog. Judy
Post a Comment